Old August 13th 09, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default what plane fits this mission?

"brian whatcott" wrote in message
jan olieslagers wrote:
cavelamb schreef:
jan olieslagers wrote:
Mission:
-) four-seater, 1100-1400 lbs gross
-) 150 hp should be enough
-) folding wings/trailerable absolutely required
-) stol not required, faster cruise preferred

Already considered RV10, Murphy Rebel, CH801
but none mentions folding wings and all are proud of their
stol-capability but I want a (moderate) tourer.
Plans/kit/factory built all valid options.
TIA,

BD-4, RV-10 ?

Thank you Richard, the BD4 had escaped my eagle's eye and does seem to
fit the mission. As for the RV10, does it really have folding wings?
KA

If I remember, the wings plug into a tubular center section on the BD-4
Does that count as folding? It was a Summer long ago in LA, that I
walked into a book store, for goodness sake, and walked out with a book of
plans for the BD-4. I took it down off the shelf - and there were
details of a folder..... 160 mph cruise at 75% 150 HP it says here....
4 seater = 2000 lb

Way more practical than the -5?

Brian W

It is indeed more practical than a BD-5, but less versatile that a Cessna
172. From all I ever heard, although fast, it was a very marginal four
seater. The most memorable comment that I personally heard from a BD-4
owner was: "It will spin--DON'T!"

Peter