Old August 16th 09, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Night Currency - Why Full Stops?

If you are flying a more complex aircraft, you really want to get off
the runway, stop and grab the checklist to make sure you are properly
configured for the takeoff. If you forget something, say, leave the
flaps down, or the trim where it was, etc, you could find yourself in
a lot more trouble on a stop and go or touch and go than if the sun
was shining. Anyway, it's what I always do. Saving a couple of
minutes just isn't worth it.

In my mind, the real question is why a 'bounce and go' is allowed for
daytime currency in a nosedragger...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com