Old September 3rd 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Emergency Descents with ATC COMS - Video

Flaps_50! wrote:
On Sep 3, 5:15Â*pm, wrote:
Flaps_50! wrote:
On Sep 3, 6:37Â*am, BeechSundowner wrote:
On Sep 2, 2:24Â*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

You really don't (or won't) get it?

-------------
§ 91.303 Â* Aerobatic flight.

No person may operate an aircraft in aerobatic flight—

(a) Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement;

(b) Over an open air assembly of persons;

(c) Within the lateral boundaries of the surface areas of Class B,
Class C, Class D, or Class E airspace designated for an airport;

(d) Within 4 nautical miles of the center line of any Federal airway;

For the purposes of this section, aerobatic flight means an
intentional maneuver involving an abrupt change in an aircraft's
attitude, an abnormal attitude, or abnormal acceleration, not
necessary for normal flight."
---------
What does "for normal flight" mean?

Cheers- Hide quoted text -

No you don't get it. Â*I was not within A, B, C or D as described that
you allude to above. Â*I was in a designated practice area.

I wasn't performing normal flight. Â*I was performing an emergency
procedure. Â*What part do YOU not get.

I don't think you read it carefully. The regs don't say within ABCD
airspace, but within _lateral_ limits of those airspaces. Since you
communicated with ATC I assume you were below one of those airspaces
and therefore within its lateral limits (not vertical). Â*Also how far
away was the nearest highway?

Cheers

Designated practice areas are not within any limits of those airspaces
nor are they near any airway.

There is a reason for that.

One can communicate with ATC in any type of airspace.

Your objections are nonsense.

How do you know where he was? My point is that its the _lateral_
limits of airspace that can be a no-no for aerobatics. In places,
practice areas may be below other airspace...

Cheers

By reading what he wrote and making the assumption he was telling the
truth.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.