Old January 10th 04, 04:49 AM
Dudley Henriques

"tman109" wrote in message
http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=1593397

A real eye opener seeing this header. Actually gave me a cold chill for an
instant, Then I read the post.
Turns out it's the wrong Wilmington Airport and the wrong P47 !!
I had a friend killed flying a P47N at Wilmington Airport (New Castle AFB)
in Wilmington Delaware back in the early fifties. He crashed behind a house
on Basin Road next to the airport out of a high speed stall after a too
tight pitchout on initial to runway 9.
Just for the record, his name was Bill Livergood; 142nd FS, Delaware ANG.
Strange world indeed!!! For a moment there I thought they had dug up parts
of his airplane.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired