Old September 20th 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Woellhaf

Default Q-abbreviations

Not really as silly as it sounds. The idea is to create a double meanig for
many codes. for example, QTH Denver means my loaction is Denver. QTH? means
what is your location?

"jan olieslagers" wrote in message
Stefan schreef:
jan olieslagers schrieb:

-) where can I find a complete and authorative list of the Q-codes to be
used in aviation R/T?

I don't think the official documents are on the internet, but there are a
couple of private sites with lists. A German one:
http://www.htc.ch/de/der_Q_code.htm

Beautiful!
quoteDie Q-Codes werden zu Fragen, wenn ihnen ein Fragezeichen
folgt./quote
my translationQ-codes become questions when followed by a question
mark/tr
This irreproachable logic can only stem from the military.

I only hope I need not know the full list by heart for the radio exam!