Old September 21st 09, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
capitanleo

Default Instrument Rating Question

On Aug 24, 3:57*pm, "
wrote:
On Aug 24, 10:41*am, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:

Well I think I am going to finally put in the time and effort to go for my
Instrument Rating this fall but exactly with what aircraft avionics is my
biggest question. Where I fly they have basically all new 172SP's with
G1000's for rent. Obviously this is the aircraft I prefer to rent for VFR
because of all the cool and nice tools they have on board, I like eye candy!
They also have a couple older 172R's (by older I mean 4 years old) but they
have steam gauges only plus Garmin 430 GPS's. I trained on steam gauges for
my private but not sure which way I should go for my instrument. As time
goes I'm sure the glass cockpit aircraft will be more and more common but I
don't know if that is a crutch for learning IFR with or not. Any thoughts?

Not trying to hijack this thread - good subject, IMO, but please:
When VFR (and IFR in VMC), LOOK OUT THE BLEEDING WINDOWS!!!! *Eye
candy is nice, but a midair really, really sucks.

Kirk
LS6-b "66"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXybnTbjBl8