Old October 25th 09, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Garry O

Default Suit against Zenith

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
Dan D wrote:
Bye bye Zenith...

"miguel" wrote in message
http://www.modbee.com/featured/story/901152.html

sad that lawsuits like this can be heard...

What I find strange is that the four defendant companies had allegedly
agreed to pay $200,000 total to settle the suit, but then reneged.
Remarkably low, for a case involving death, even less if the settlement
was to be split between the four companies.

If the plaintiff's claim about the previous agreed settlement is true, it
sounds like there's some financial problems among the defendants....

Ron Wanttaja

or they got a lawyer with a spine who said if you pay up on this one you
will be seen as admitting fault and the wolves will begin circling.
And I would expect a Court case would be far more expensive, even if it was
split 4 ways, than just paying up.

--
Flying RA Aus, because its cheaper and I can do it more often :-)