Old November 16th 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stu Fields

Default Posting quality

"Builder" wrote in message
I seldom post or visit this group any more. The group used to be
relevant and helpful to the aviation home builder with professional,
skilled advice and suggestions. But it seems to be degenerating into
spam posts and personal verbal contests, often with show-off,
insulting and foul language.

This unfortunately happens in news groups with no moderators. Freedom
to anarchy.

As a moderator of the Experimental Helo Forum, I have found that a majority
of the non-moderated forums degenerate into just spam and keyboard trolls
and "Brave" warriors. See for example: rec.crafts.metalworking. We have
pledged to keep the trolls and "Brave" keyboard warriors off ours. I too
want a forum that is informative without the name calling and crap that
quickly clogs up some of them. I almost have to hire someone else to run my
killfile.
There are restrictions to the use of our forum that certainly restrict to a
degree a person's freedom to express himself anyway he choses, but that has
been our choice based on our experience. If we lose some folks that don't
like the restriction, well....It might not be such a loss.

Stu Fields Experimental Helo Forum