Old December 21st 09, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Alan Baker

Default The earth pulls down on the plane...

In article ,
Jim Logajan wrote:

Alan Baker wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
Alan Baker wrote:
Net force down on air: net momentum down.
Transmitted at the speed of sound, not at the speed of the downwash.

Find me a single reference that agrees with you...

Since we have made differing claims that are actually testable by simple
experiments, why not use them to determine the real truth? Nothing else
would be as definitive at resolving the claims than an experiment simple
enough that anyone could run independently, so anyone having any doubts is
not slaved to trust the claims of others. The methodology would also be
open to independent analysis and critique. I.E. we use good old scientific
method.

It seems to me you're making a tacit admission that you can find no
supporting reference, and I note also that you've snipped by factual
refutations of your earlier "theory" about how air moves.

Why is this such a problem for you?

A fan on a table moves air, doesn't it? You can feel a column of moving
air coming from it, right?

Well once that air is moving it has momentum and all you can do with
that momentum is transfer it to something else.

If the air slows down as it move further away from the fan, it can't be
because the momentum just disappears. Momentum is always conserved.
ALWAYS. Therefore, if the air is moving more slowly, more air -- more
mass -- must be moving.

Period.

snipped deflection by proposed "experiment"

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia