Old December 29th 09, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgans[_2_]

Default contrails

"brian whatcott" wrote

I don't argue with the naming of the warm Northward current, I argue with
the idea that the climate is bearable! :-)

Remember the old joke that goes something like, "stick your left foot in a
pot of 140 degree (F) water, and your right foot in a pot of ice water. On
the average, your feet are comfortable."

Change that around to: "On January 31st, stick your bare left foot outside
the door in England, while putting your right foot in a freezer at the
outside temperature in Siberia at the same date, and wait a few minutes."

I predict you will then agree that the left foot is cold, but much more
reasonably warmer than your right foot.

No argument that they are both too damn cold for me. That is why I moved
from Ohio to North Carolina 20 some years ago. Still, today it is too damn
cold for me, even in North Carolina.

Everything is relative. In Key West (Florida) they put own down-stuffed
coats when it goes down below 50 degrees. In Wisconsin, when it gets to 50
degrees in the wintertime, they take off their coats, down to a short sleeve
T-shirt! g
--
Jim in NC