Old March 1st 10, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default DG's new requirements for older DG ships

3) What if a current owner who has not subscribed to DG's wonderful
plan sells his ship in a couple of years: will the new owner be locked
out from DG service because the previous owner did not participate?

Two months ago I e-mailed Dr. Weber about that very point (as well as
other questions). His vapid answers (or lack thereof) suggest that
DG's stupid fee proposal was even more poorly planned than any of us
thought.

Here's the thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...0c7 c0db5ccb2
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...browse_thread/
thread/c35686682cb80c3f/1eb20c7c0db5ccb2?lnk=gst&q=DG++service
+fee#1eb20c7c0db5ccb2

Interestingly, however, DG's latest newsletter (received today) says,
"... Pilots who defer signing the Service Agreement into next year
will need to purchase the manuals separately for Euro 250.00 plus
applicable tax." This suggests to me that non-participants can indeed
buy into the program at a later date, or in time of need (which is
logical, because otherwise DG would get ZERO income from them).