Old January 20th 04, 03:21 PM
Johnny Bravo

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:58:15 GMT, devil wrote:

In a related subject, today's Wall Street Journal has an interesting
summary of the deficit spending which would result if any of the
Democrat candidates tax and spending plans were enacted. Not
surpisingly it would increase under all of them.

I seem to recall that the last democrat ran a surplus.

You need to look at it again, the Federal Debt increased by 1.4
trillion dollars under Clinton. Not once during his 8 years did the
Federal Debt go down.

I'm not saying that Bush is doing any better, but the claim that
Clinton ran a surplus is a myth. Just as much a myth as if I got an
$800 cash advance on my credit card, payed $600 in bills and then
declared a $200 surplus just because I still had $200 when I was done.

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft