Old April 6th 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

Default Removing Cement From Gelcoart ... Safely

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I thought about the velcro coming
unstuck. However, the 2" wide stuff seems pretty well stuck to the
cockpit wall - but time will tell. Worse case I remove it all and
start over, no great loss and it has to be easier than taking off the
previous adhesive - which is why I don't want to glue on the next
batch. The bottom line is that the idea of a velcro "wall" to attach
whatever you need, and being able to change things around easily, is
really a good idea.

I am trying to find some type of elastic top bag which duplicates what
was there. Bags with non-elastic tops just aren't as usable. I think
that the real trick will be finding one with a stiffner. So I might
just have to sew my own with a thin aluminum backing insert. And
*SEW* the hook side onto the back of the bag.

Thanks again,
John DeRosa