Old April 20th 10, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Question re towplane airworthiness (USA)

On Apr 19, 3:16*pm, "BT" wrote:

I don't think the SCOUT has a "RESTRICTED" category approved on the Type
Certificate Data Sheet.

TCDS A21CE Revision 13 American Champion
(Bellanca) (Champion)
8KCAB
8GCBC
October 14, 2004

Includes the following

II - Model 8GCBC, 2 PCLM-SM (Normal Category), Approved April 30, 1974
2 PCLM, (Restricted Category), Approved May 14, 1975

and

Maximum Weight Normal Category Landplane and Seaplane, (and Restricted
Category Ferry configuration): 2150 lbs.
Restricted Category (utilized for chemical dispensing operations):
2600 lbs.

This supports the finding that the Scout had a resticted airworthiness
cert for ag ops.

I suppose I only care because I used to tow with one.

Andy