Old May 3rd 10, 11:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
flybywire

Default Posting

odd as this group is the best for some excellent posting so why wander off
elsewhere ?

cheers

Mike

"Canuck" wrote in message

"John Meyer" wrote in message
In article ,
"Canuck" wrote:

There have been a fair number of terrific posts in here. How do I get
you
guys to come over to my Google group and start posting there? I'd like
see more participation but it seems that I'm the one doing all the
posting.
Has anyone here run a group before who would like to share some advice
on
getting people to participate?

Visit the group at
http://groups.google.com/group/aviat...n-by-you?hl=en.

Thanks, Nick

Nick,

The timing of your post is interesting to me since Cox is discontinuing
Usenet service in a month or so. I need to decide if Usenet is worth
paying extra for (doubtful) or find an alternative.

Unfortunately, the user interface of Google Groups is very poor and I do
not think it's something I'll be using.

Great idea on your part, though, to propose an alternative.

Flickr, for example, has millions of aviation photos that can be made
part of groups and commented upon. I'm no fan of Flickr's user interface
either, but the community is already in place.

Hi John. I don't understand what part of the interface is posing a problem
for you or anyone else. Once you've signed up and selected the email
version, your entire interface with the group is through your email
program, the one that you know and love already. (Or hate).

The home page is just a starting point for the group. This is where you
can sign up and look backwards through the posts if you so desire. It
allows a permanent archive of all posts to be created. Since the group is
moderated by me, the SPAM gets deleted before you ever see it.

Please give it a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Take care,

Nick