Old May 16th 10, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Simulators

a writes:

Rather defensive, aren't you?

Not at all. Just making an observation.

You, having no PIC (actual) have little real world aviation
experience to draw on. "I read" or "I simulated" does not carry much
credibility, and to those ignorant but eager to learn of the realities
of general aviation would be prudent to consider the source of advice
and/or teachings.

There are instructors who have never flown. You can become an instructor
without flying, as I recall. Do you dismiss them as well?

Your pontifications are sometimes right, other times
wrong.

How often right, and how often wrong?

The reactions those statements draw help the inexperienced
reader evaluate them.

The smart reader always verifies everything he sees on USENET by some other
means.

I've gotten useful ideas from this newsgroup, but not from you. Some
suggestions I've posted have become part of other aviator's
checklists, and that's a nice form of payback. I suspect it's a reward
you don't often get, but I could be wrong.

Actually, I provide instruction in other venues, and that seems to work quite
well. There are far fewer dorks when there's no anonymity.