Old June 10th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default Videos: Stearman mishap temporarily shut down Washington's Reagan National

"Scott Braddock" wrote in message
mmunications...
Peter Dohm wrote:

Personally, ever since first seeing them on a 1959 Cessna 172, I've
always liked the concept of the Cleveland brakes--because the bulk of the
disk brake mechanism is inside the wheel and out of the slipstream for
(theoretically) less drag. However, there is no remaining doubt that it
is long past time to admit that the manufacturer has successfully killed
off the design with their replacement parts policy, and is it also long
past time to replace the remaining Cleveland brakes with something that
can be successfully maintained in a safe operating condition.

Peter

Peter,

I assume you mean "Goodyear" when you say "Cleavland".

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

You're right Scott, and I have no idea how my fingers did that.

Peter