Old January 26th 04, 12:16 AM
Rats

"Steve Hix" wrote in message
Does one of the last major IJ Naval bases, and an army division with
headquarters count?

http://history1900s.about.com/librar.../aa072700a.htm

Read this you American ignoramus.

Note Ed Rasimus' post elsewhere in this thread. (If you don't care to,
the digest answer is, you have no argument.)

Read the above link and then come back and argue. I suspect you will have no
arguments.

Again, you dodged the question: Do you *really* think that the planned
direct invasion of the Japanese home islands, with attendant *far*
greater loss of Japanese, American, British and other Commonwealth
lives, is preferable to what actually happened?

Soldiers have a duty to die. That is what they are there for. Civilians do
not ask to be bombed.

One hopes you don't respond with either evasion nor knee-jerk "anything
is better than nuclear", because it is an unsupportable position.

I didn't say anything is better than nuclear. I said that bombing a civilian
target with a nuke and killing thousands of civilians is a war crime. Do you
understand now?