Old July 11th 10, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
a[_3_]

Default Airplane tears off winglet on jet bridge

On Jul 11, 11:21*am, "Grand Mal" wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

Grand Mal writes:

I think we can safely assume you're an idiot.
And a vile bigot. Who else would turn a minor accident at an airport into
racial slur?

Turks belong to the same race as Europeans, so race has nothing to do with
it.

The fact is, the aviation safety record for Turkey is abysmal, about ten
times
worse than average for European airlines (if you consider Turkey part of
Europe--which I do not).

Turks are Europeans but Turkey isn't part of Europe.
If it was the fault of the pilot, what if he turns out to be an Englishman?
Or American? And how poor does a safety record need to be before a French
airport won't allow you to use their facility?

One would expect the ground crew to be French nationals, but perhaps
trained to Turkish standards. Are people who hand direct airplanes or
use tugs certified in any way? I have not seen anything 'official'
regarding the causes of this accident, but it has certainly exposed
bigotry and bias on the news group, hasn't it?