Old January 26th 04, 07:11 AM
Steve Hix

In article ,
"Rats" wrote:

"Steve Hix" wrote in message
Does one of the last major IJ Naval bases, and an army division with
headquarters count?

http://history1900s.about.com/librar.../aa072700a.htm
Read this you American ignoramus.

So you deny that the Imperial Japanese Navy had one of its last major
bases at Hiroshima, and that the headquarters of the Japanese Army's
defense of the island was also based in Hiroshima?

Kewl.

Note Ed Rasimus' post elsewhere in this thread. (If you don't care to,
the digest answer is, you have no argument.)

Read the above link and then come back and argue. I suspect you will have no
arguments.

It will have to wait a bit, since the site doesn't seem to be
responding. history1900s.about.com isn't talking.

Again, you dodged the question: Do you *really* think that the planned
direct invasion of the Japanese home islands, with attendant *far*
greater loss of Japanese, American, British and other Commonwealth
lives, is preferable to what actually happened?

Soldiers have a duty to die. That is what they are there for. Civilians do
not ask to be bombed.

Evasion noted. Apparently, you would prefer that far more Japanese and
Chinese civilians had died.

One hopes you don't respond with either evasion nor knee-jerk "anything
is better than nuclear", because it is an unsupportable position.

I didn't say anything is better than nuclear. I said that bombing a civilian
target with a nuke and killing thousands of civilians is a war crime. Do you
understand now?

I understand that you're totally wrapped around the axle of your
misconception about the definition of "war crime".

As long a no atom bomb is dropped, you're cool with hundreds of
thousands of more dead japanese and chinese civilians.

You've also made it quite clear that you don't care one whit for the
deaths of many more thousands of Japanese, American, British and
Commonwealth troops. After all, "it's the duty of soldiers to die for
their country". Wrong again...and what's sad is that you will likely
never understand why, or just how wrong, either.