Old July 23rd 10, 07:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

Default First Air B-737

"Edward" wrote in message
. ..
On 7/22/2010 9:50 AM, Alan Erskine wrote:
On 22/07/2010 11:34 AM, Canuck wrote:

Still flying the -200 series? Man, Australian airlines got rid of those
things in the '90's and replaced them with -300's and have since
replaced the replacements with -800's and -900's as well as Embraers.
Unbelievable that aircraft that old are still in commercial service.

Those are great aircraft to fly! Take it from me I have loads of stick
time on them as short hop cargo carriers (4 hours). You can get in and
out of places with them you can't with anything else with equitable
capacity. They are getting long on the tooth, but with avionic upgrades
and proper maintenance they are a very forgiving and enjoyable craft.

Yes, you are right! The aircraft is fitted with the rock/gravel "kit" and
you can see it attached to the nose gear. I'm amazed at where they can land
and takeoff with these aircraft.

Nick