Old September 5th 10, 09:38 PM
gpick gpick is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick View Post
My observation is most general aviation careers, with the exception of
instructing and A&E, involve low winged airplanes. Never the less,
transitions from one to the other is simply not a big deal, so choose
what you like for primary training. Ground effect is more pronounced
in low wing.

You'll probably have to learn to fly behind conventional as well as
glass instrumentation, start with the less costly. The money ($35 an
hour?) you'll save before you move to glass will be more than the cost
of learning glass later when you move on to your instrument rating.
Keep things simple during primary training.
I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear, but the DA40 with the glass was the aircraft that was $35 more per hour. The 172 with the glass is actually $5
cheaper than the DA40 without glass. That's why I think it would be more expensive later if I didn't do the $5 cheaper glass setup.[/quote]