Old September 20th 10, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

Default Future Club Training Gliders

than a couple of inches low.- Hide quoted text -

yes....agreed......After I gave some thought to my post, I realized I
should have included that ..........

But not in a 2-33 as a tail first laniding in a 2-33 is in my opinion
under the category of too slow.........this is due to the shape of the
33's belly and tail.......(bulbous belly and high tail).

Cookie

You are being ironic I hope. How can a glider touchdown be "Too slow"?
We are not talking about a tail down attitude at height but rather to
arrive at the point where the main wheel and tailwheel touch the ground
together, (a couple of millimetres either way is acceptable) in effect the
stalling angle is reached just before the glider contacts the ground giving
the minimum touchdown velocity with a minimum ground run. If you do not
understand why this could be important then perhaps your intention was not
irony.