Old February 10th 04, 02:32 AM
Mike Marron

"Kevin Brooks" wrote:

I don't know what the full story is regarding air refueling. Yes, the F-102
could refuel using the hose and drogue method, but I don't know whether the
probe was a pop-out type, or a fixed attachment. After going over a fair
number of photos, I can't see any external evidence of permanently affixed
probe, but then again most of the danged phots available on the web are
either from too far away or of the left side of the aircraft (the probe was
located on the right side of the fuselage near the cockpit). If it was
fixed, then none of the photos I found of the Vietnam deployed aircraft
(including one nasty victim of a VC sapper attack at Danang) showed them
attached. There used to be an F-102 pilot that hung around here RAM; he
might be able to answer the question.

Walt BJ is still around and he flew the F-102.