Old January 3rd 11, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Incorporating Electronic Tension Meter in Auto Tow Hitch?

On Jan 2, 4:56*pm, " wrote:
We have ordered one of the "s" shaped electronic tension meters for
our auto tow operations. *We want to make the strain guage a part of
the tow hitch (not in the rope). *If anyone has a good design, we
would like suggestions. *A picture would also be nice.

Bill Snead
6W

All you need to do is run the rope thru guide rollers so that it feeds
horizontally from the tow release. Then the tow release can be bolted
directly to the transducer.

Tom
Richland, WA