Old May 31st 11, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Launch Order

Glassholes??? It's not the construction of the glider that makes the
personality of the pilot...

I tow at a commercial operation three days a week and I don't know of any
specific rules for who gets towed first. It's always been first come, first
served. On the weekends there's a club operation and they provide their own
tow plane for members only. If there's a large queue, many times club
members will pay a bit extra for a commercial tow just to get into the air
at the time of their choice.

I used to fly and tow at a club in another state. The rule there was that,
if there was a long queue, you could pull out another tow plane (we had
three), make 10 tows, and pull your glider to the front of the launch line.
Yes, people complained when I did that, though they didn't complain about my
shortening the line.

OBTW, when I pull my glider out to fly, it's made of glass...

"Walt Connelly" wrote in message

Just curious as to how it's done elsewhere. I fly at a commercial
operation and the priority for launch always goes to the school
gliders....this makes sense...the student has scheduled for a specific
time days in advance.... Next come the renal ships and glider rides and
they too have been scheduled for a specific time. If a private ship is
pointed down the runway, meaning they are ready for tow and a school
plane needs to launch, they take precedence. I do a lot of hook up, not
an employee just another glider pilot trying to be helpful but
occasionally one of the "glassholes" gets their panties in a wad. Every
one gets launched but perhaps as quickly as they might like.

The students, glider rides and rentals keep the operation open and pay
the bills to a greater degree than a private ship paying for a tow and a
place for their trailer. Any suggestions on this procedure?

Walt

--
Walt Connelly