Old August 23rd 11, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

Default skyrides are at it again?

On Aug 23, 9:11*am, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Aug 23, 8:59*am, Grider Pirate wrote:

On Aug 22, 11:10*pm, Clyde Rasmusen

wrote:
It is just as sleazy some places on the other side.

One example, the southern NV soaring club uses the legal dba and trademark
of the local FBO to solicit for profit glider rides.

See:http://www.m.superpages.com/mobile/y...lid=0113644510

No accident the web link leads you to:www.lvvsa.organdtheirphone
number.

According to the local flying attourneys, this club is listed with
the Internal Revenue Service and Clark County as a non-profit organization.

Also advertises in the local yellow business pages and not for FAST rides
although an SSA afiliated club.

Just how many millions of dollars did Skydive Arizona win from Skyride for
misrepresentation, fraud, defamation, trademark infringement and lost
revenues?

See:http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safe...age.cgi?ID=606

So who pays the fines, legal fees and verifiable loss of income when the
glider club gets caught? Unaware club members with their dues and assets or
the bond and note holders.

Word of caution. Dangerous waters, glider clubs.

CLYDE R.

At 23:15 22 August 2011, JayM wrote:

On Aug 22, 1:06=A0pm, Rex Mayes *wrote:
It seems that the company SkyRides has now formed a new company called
Soaring Sports and has become an SSA business member to hyjack the
F.A.S.T program in order to sell rides.

Some operators will not do business with Sky Rides by honoring the
certificates it sells. =A0Sky Rides has contacted the SSA to sell the
F.A.S.T. program to unknowing customers. =A0These customers call a
gliderport to redeem the F.A.S.T certificate and the operator has no
idea that it was not sold by the SSA but rather, by the Sky Rides
company.

Can any of the operators confirm this?

I talked with Mr Barber today also and it seemed like a good idea at
the time.
But if they are really a re-wrapped Scam outfit we need to nip it
soon.
I wonder how much more than the usual $99 they will charge in order to
make a profit?- Hide quoted text -

Excuse me?? *I've been a member of the LVVSA for 10 years now. LVVSA
does not, never has, and never will give glider rides for profit. * We
participate in the FAST program. *When people call looking to 'take a
ride' in a glider, we refer them to the local commercial operator. I
personally give about a dozen rides a year - splitting the cost of the
tow and glider with the rider, or in many cases simply paying for the
entire ride myself.

I think Clyde is referring tohttp://www.soaringcenter.net/
being the 'real' Las Vegas Glider Rides and somehow the Superpages
listing is an attempt to 'hijack' this. *However, my business is
listed in Superpages (among 28 others, some of which have no actual
presence or capability here). *So using that as some kind of proof is
bogus. *No idea what the local

Perhaps that's the commercial operator you mention.

I searched for Las Vegas Glider Rides on dexknows.com for Las Vegas
and found nothing. *It did appear for Jean, NV and was the club's
phone and address. *Did the same for Yellowpages.com for Las Vegas and
it linked to the club. *However the website description talked about

Frank Whiteley- Hide quoted text -

The number I found looking up LAS VEGAS GLIDER RIDES in DEX is
actually the company number, not the club number.
Searching LAS VEGAS GLIDER RIDES in YELLOWBOOK does list the club and
the club phone number. We have no control over how Yellow Book runs
their search engine.

Bill Tisdale