Old September 21st 11, 09:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Default XCSoar Questions

S. Murry wrote:
Cons:
1) Documentation is sparse and infrequently updated with new features as
they emerge. I imagine this will eventually "catch up" with the
developers, but currently a fair amount of "trial and error" is required
to figure out how to use the system.

We know that, and we're terribly sorry for the outdated manual. The
problem is: everybody likes to hack code, that's exciting, but writing
documentation is rather boring.

You can blame me, too; I spent countless nights on new features, but
for 6.2, I have documented none of it yet.

We would love to have more volunteers to help improve the
documentation. There are about six thousand pilots who installed
XCSoar from Google's Android Market, not counting anonymous downloads
from our web site; there must be some potential for more contributors!

Max