Old October 17th 11, 11:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military,sci.space.policy,alt.astronomy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Artificial Moon, Iapetus And George Lucas' Star Wars ?

"Sam" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 13:52:43 -0700 (PDT), Gordon wrote:
Occam's Razor...

..is a flawed perceptual principle. Reality is much more complex than
humans perceive it to be so there is no merit in the idea that simple
explanations have more validity than complex ones. Simple explanations
are more likely to be generalistic and run a greater chance of
ommitting relevant information.

if you're omitting relevant information, you're not employing Occam's Razor.

A better name for Occam's Razor would be Occam's Perceptual
Limitation. Be assured you are incorrect.

at least Hoagland is
willing to call for a direct investigation of his own claims by
retrieving Iapetus evidence via a landing. Fair enough.

Sure thing, but he gets to pay for the trip, right? I mean he isn't
the project manager or anything, but he can certainly fund the
mission, if that is his wish.

I don't know what to say...??

Hoagland is a crackpot. He was completely wrong about Mars and I'd wager
he's wrong here.

--
Greg D. Moore President Green Mountain Software
http://www.greenms.com