Old November 4th 11, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default refinishing Ventus 2cm- wing profile

On Nov 3, 8:29*am, wrote:
On Oct 30, 6:40*pm, wrote:

Can anyone help with the wing profile data for a Ventus 2cm? I need
the numerical data and if possible someone who could make templates on
a CNC. I have contacted US dealer with no response. *Ken

I'm curious as to why you think you want/need to do this.
The most it is likely to need is a bit of fill and smoothing of shrink
areas.
From my experience, if you aren't in the top 10 at the Nationals, you
are wasting your time and money.
Airfoil coordinates are proprietary and are not generally made
available to customers or others.
If you haven't done this before, you are more likely to make the
glider worse instead of better.
FWIW
UH

To satisfy your curiosity I will enlighten to my reasons for
refinishing the Ventus. I SH gel-coat does not hold up well in
Florida (or anywhere else where the sun shines). And even tho
presently I'am not in the top 10 at the National doesn't mean I don't
want to fly a sailplane that performs like a contender. The gel-coat
is crazed and needs redone. Its A lot of work so I want to do the best
I can.