Old February 26th 04, 06:22 PM
John Hairell

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:01:08 -0600 (CST), wrote:

I'd think if there were more similarities than differences, there'd be a
majority of parts interchangable. Any idea just how few are
interchangable? I don't but I'd bet there are very, very few!

I don't mean similar at the rivet level, with interchangeable parts -
I mean similar in design philosophy, with the later design being to
some degree a derivative of the previous design, just as the F-106 was
related to the F-102. To me there are significant design
similarities between the CH-21, CH-46, and CH-47.

You ever looked at pics of these two helos?

I've spent quite a bit of time in CH-47s, and have also flown in a
'46.

John Hairell )