Old December 6th 11, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default OLC and Cambridge 10/20/25 support ending

On Dec 6, 3:20*pm, JohnDeRosa wrote:
On Dec 3, 11:59*am, "Roy Clark, \"B6\"" wrote:

As a Cambridge 20 user, I lament the end of OLC support. *However, I
do not want to replace my Cambridge 20 - L-NAV - PDA with Glide
Navigator II installation.

What does "end of OLC support" mean? *Now or in the near future? * I
show athttp://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/OLC-recorder.pdfthat the
CAI20 is approved.

This seems odd that OLC doesn't like the CAI20 because the IGC
approved list shows the CAI20 as approved for "Badges (all)" which is
defined as,

"Badges (all) - This applies to types of Recorders that do not fulfil
the Specification in some areas at the time of approval. However, it
has been decided that they may be given an approval that excludes
World Record flights but includes all IGC/FAI Badges and Distance
Diplomas."

So the CAI20 isn't quite as good as an EW Microrecoder, LX Nano or a
CAI 302 (each is approved for "All Flights") but you aren't trying for
a world record so what gives with OLC?

Stupid question - Are you sure you are submitting the correct IGC file
and not a GNII log file? *All I have ever done in the past is manually
download the CAI IGC file to my PC (actually done via GNII) and then
manually upload to OLC (direct claim). *Seehttp://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/Direktmeldung_eng.pdffor
details.

Good luck.

- John

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?month=112011

about half way down, a very short entry.