Old September 1st 11, 10:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

Default Resizing

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:10:55 +0100, Ramsman
wrote:

On 31/08/2011 15:44, Greasy Rider wrote:
On 8/31/2011 05:16, Ramsman wrote:
What picture dimensions to people prefer for posting here? Most of my
attempts so far have been too large or too small, and I can never
remember from one time to the next what settings I used.

(snipped the rest)

If you can't remember what good would it do to tell you now...?

Because I'd then have it writted on a piece of paper (just like
Bluebottle did in case someone asked him the time).

I've been experimenting in this ng and elsewhere, but only occasionally.
I've decided to lurk less and post more, even though my efforts aren't
up to the standard of the best posters.

Perfect makes practice!

Please post - even if they aren't "Glenn" or "Legend" class, you
likely see things in places others can't get to.

Personally, I like 'em big - but many folks have limited bandwidth
and/or patience, so probably best to keep images to a size of around
1024 pixels wide or less. JPEG format, using a compression of 7~8 on
a scale of 10 being highest quality (every program seems to have its
own numbering system for JPEG compression.)

And unless you wear KevlarŪ Fruit o' the LoomsŪ, avoid using yEnc
encoding in whatever software you use to post... ;^}

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw 190A-5  N19027, Bf 109E  N342FH  Flying Heritage Collection  PAE  8-6-11  019.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	51313