Old March 15th 04, 03:25 PM
Jim Doyle

"Moggycat" wrote in message
om...
machf wrote in message

. ..
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 21:38:31 -0800, Mary Shafer wrote:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:09:29 GMT, Mike Lechnar
wrote:

How did this secret information make it into the public domain? I've
been a practicing Aircraft Performance Engineer for the past 26 years
and have always tried to explain how airplanes fly by using the

official
public explanations regarding Bernoulli, airfoils and other such rot.
Civilians just weren't ready for the truth. In fact, we generally

don't
speak about the magic directly. Most of our plans and estimates

usually
end with the phrase "and then a miracle happens".

I let the cat out of the bag over a decade ago.

But we've moved on a great deal since 1994! It's been known for quite
a while that Lift Demons are really only suited for military uses.
Outside of military aviation, Lift Demons are passe - they have
notoriously short attention spans and the ones used on Harriers have
problems discriminating between air and water. Inbreeding in pursuit
of the ultimate high performance Lift Demon may have been the cause.
The way ahead lies with Thrust Pixies, large amounts of lemon fondant
icing and in-flight Hugh Grant movies, at least in civil aviation.

Hugh Grant movies?! That's too high a price to pay for advancements in the
civil aircraft sector! Ground 'em, ground 'em for good.