Old September 6th 12, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default IGC FR Serial number

On Sep 5, 12:09*pm, Jim wrote:

I think using one (or both) of these commands in your config file will dump a file which includes the unit's serial number. I don't remember but you can't hurt anything giving it a try.

$file,dump
or
$debug_out,fat,all,all

Jim,

The hardware serial number for the portable is shown in menu/info/
about. The displayed hardware serial number matches the part number
label as has not changed.

The IGC serial number is not displayed in the menus and is not
included in the dump file. It should of course be included in the
flight log if there was a logger function. The hardware serial number
is included in the dump file.

I have now been advised by FLARM USA that the IGC serial number is
changed every time the unit is opened and resealed. That doesn't seem
to meet the intent of the IGC specification but, if that's an issue,
it will be resolved when the logger is enabled and IGC approval is
requested.

Andy

BTW - Sorry for any confusion that I caused by deleting my first two
posts. The first post had an error, the second post corrected the
first post, the third post repeated the first post but without the
error, and then I deleted the other two. The result is ok on the old
Google group viewer but the deleted posts still show up in other
viewers.