Old December 22nd 12, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Updating Software on Butterfly 57 mm version 2.1 display w/o Cable?

Hi John,

The software update release notes have not indicated that that feature has
been implemented. I hope it will be in the next release.

Paul Remde

"3Y" wrote in message

The butterfly manual said that we would be able to update the software on
the butterfly display through the Power flarm brick on boot-up after Q4
2102.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks, John

Text from manual:

Updates
Update through PowerFLARM®
After Q4/2012 it will be possible to update the displays through any
PowerFLARM® unit directly without the need for a special cable.