Old March 23rd 04, 04:54 PM
John Mullen

"Stephen Leslie" wrote in message
Hi John,

I'd be grateful in future if you could point out if your issue is
politically related, as this group is really for aviation specific topics
and has no baring on me as I live in Bonnie Scotland.

Thankyou.
Stephen

Hi Stephen

Nice to meet a fellow Scot in this forum. As you rightly point out, this
group is for aviation specific topics. Actually, it is specifically for
military aviation topics. Hence the name rec.aviation.military.

However, I think you may agree that the military part of that impinges upon
politics, and vice versa. If you took the trouble to view the video on

http://www.moveon.org/censure/caughtonvideo/

, for example, you will see that it reveals Rumsfeld being caught on TV
lying about the false claims his (and our!) government made to enmesh us in
the current war on Iraq. Not content with lying about the reasons for the
war a year ago, the neo-cons which run both countries are now trying to
rewrite history and deny the reasons they gave to justify the war at the
time.

As you may be aware, military aviation was very heavily involved in the
unnecessary and unproductive war that resulted from those lies. This, in my
view, makes it a legitimate posting. I am confident there will be many here
who agree.

HTH

John