Old March 23rd 04, 10:08 PM
Michael Wise

In article ,
Chad Irby wrote:

On the other hand, Iraq certainly is a lot more dangerous place now.

Iraq was dangerous place since it was created. It is probably the least
dangerous place now since its creation.

I was there with my father in 1961-1962, and *nothing* I've seen so far
is even half as scary.

Yes, just yesterday two of my countrymen were shot in this "safer" Iraq.

Compare to the previous situation. They were averaging about _fifty_
times that, for the last twenty years or so.

Hell, the Hussein regime killed more Kurds in one *day* than there have
been Iraqis, American, Brits, and others killed in this entire *war*.

Yes, and we knew they were killing Kurds and looked the other way while
they were doing it during the 80's.

--Mike