Old March 16th 13, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default What device to use with the InReach?

On 3/15/2013 2:54 PM, Morgan wrote:
You might consider a Dell Streak 5. ~$200 on Ebay, excellent
sunlight readability and can connect via bluetooth. Also runs XCSoar
as a backup flight computer if you wish.

I like the idea of the good display, but I'm concerned it can't be
updated past version 2.2 (which was two years ago, I think), and might
not be able to run some useful apps in the near future.

Since the lack of responses suggests I'm the only that's not planning to
use a smartphone on the inReach, I'll look into those again. I rarely
use a mobile phone, but they seem to cost about the same iPad Touch and
similar Android devices, and I can get one that works with my prepaid
phone plan.

email me)