Old March 23rd 13, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobD

Default Soaring Community Consumer Warning

On Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:01:51 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 3/22/2013 6:30 AM, John Carlyle wrote:

Add my voice to that of Hank, Chip, Herb and Mark. Tim has worked

hard to make Wings & Wheels THE place to sell gliders, and he does it

to try to get more business. Duplicating your ad elsewhere is an

attack on his model. If you want the best exposure to sell your

glider, swallow your pride and make nice with Tim.

Tim still does not list his requirement the ad for your glider be

exclusively with him. The only requirement I see is this one, written in

red and underlined:

"I only ask that you please send notice when your sailplane, trailer,

airplane or part has been sold or your wanted ad is no longer needed."

Given the lack of warning about Tim's requirements for exclusivity (and

perhaps letting his business interests interfere with his civility), I

suggest he immediately and prominently post those requirements, then

contact BobD with something like this: "My bad for not informing you of

the situation. I'll be glad to repost your ad until you sell your

glider. Please let me know at your convenience."

Should Tim make such an offer, I hope BobD will accept it graciously,

and allow the ad to be reposted.

email me)

Eric: I would gladly do so.

No Chip, I'm not hitting below the belt. Hanging up on me when I was trying to have an understanding led to this. Trying to sell my glider and NOT informing me before hand until well after I posted on SoaringCafe hurts the entire community in spite of his store offerings and past services. I understand his right to policy, but read Eric's post.