View Single Post
Old September 5th 13, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Powerflarm Brick/Core ADSB Range

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 8:22:16 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, September 4, 2013 6:05:44 PM UTC-7, joesimmers wrote:

Interesting Sean, My powerflarm and pcas are working on my powerflarm brick, But I don't think I have ever seen an ADSB alert come to think of it.

Does the ADSB alert look any different than the PCAS alert? Or do they

look exactly the same?

Thanks, Joe

It should look different since PCAS doesn't have GPS location information and therefore can't give you a target to display. Most displays will show some sort of estimated range "ring" and an altitude delta for PCAS. For ADS-B traffic you'll get an actual target at a location - complete with distance, bearing and altitude delta.

9B

Being 'blessed' with a close proximity to the Chicago B airspace (Midway and O'Hare) we get ADS-B signals all day long. It's getting so distracting, I reduced the range and Alt. difference levels significantly. The Joliet VOR approach into Midway is very close to the club and I have had SouthWest going directly overhead at 1,000' above my position (I have a transponder). The display is very detailed with a green triangle moving across the radar-type screen with absolute altitude, altitude differential, range and climb rate displayed (same as PFlarm targets).
Herb, J7