Old December 5th 13, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

Default Caproni A-21SJ

On 12/5/2013 8:58 AM, Mike the Strike wrote:
Wow - a Caproni thread from 18 years ago brought back to life! Is this a
record?

I also wonder how many RAS folks even know what one is or have even flown
one (I am one of the few, having flown a non-jet version in the 1980's!)

Mike

I saw an A-21SJ perform in an airshow in 1972 (Transpo 72!) before I got into
soaring several months later that year; even have a slide (remember them?!) or
two of it in action.

Next read about 'em in Moffat's original "Winning".

Then actually flew an HP-14 in a fun contest - in which an A-21S also
participated - at the old Black Forest in the late 1970s. "Volunteers" avoided
rigging it even more than they avoided rigging the HP-14!

Bob - it's 2F outside - W.