Old January 16th 14, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default Wingstands Update

On Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:00:55 AM UTC-8, Peter Scholz wrote:
Am 16.01.2014 01:35, Papa3 wrote:

Hi,

Anyone have any thoughts on the current state of the art for light, compact wingstands. I've reviewed all of the threads from the last few years as well as looking at various websites. Just wondering if there are any new entrants to the market.

FWIW, I absolutely LOVE the old Wings and Wheels wingstand from the early 2000s that came in kit form. Cheap, light, simple, and incredibly robust. I could probably see fabricating and powdercoating the two key parts (top cluster and the leg support unit) if I had the time... which I don't. If anyone wants to sell a used one (or two) I'd be interested.

P3

Another alternative ist this type:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Workforce...C43/202530462#

I use two of those since several years. Lightweight, durable, easy to

store.

I took off the top roller and replaced it with a piece of suitable foam

insulation for heating pipes. Also reinforced the thread for the fixing

clamp when it became worn out, since then no problem at all. I use it

during assemply as well as for supporting the wings during tie-down when

leaving the plane assembled overnight.

--

Peter Scholz

ASW24 JE

Another good one from HomeDepot just cover with felt, rubber or carpet.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-Fl...934/100618242#

Richard
Craggy Aero LLC