Old April 6th 04, 07:30 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:12:16 +0300, "Yama"
wrote:

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
.. .
1. Would it be possible to completely ****-can the avionics and
software and use the same as is going to be used in the F-35? I mean
IDENTICAL other than the differences to deal with the different flight
characteristics of the F-22?

No idea, really...perhaps it would be possible, but would it save anything?

2. Stuff the latest generation Strike Eagle avionics into an
F-22/F-119 combo as a stopgap until you could do #1? It would
essentially BE a faster, stealthy F-15.

I'm not sure you can just insert F119 to F-15. Very costly anyway. However
if F-22 is canned, some sort of Eagle upgrade is obvious.

That's not what I said. Gut the F-22 of electronics and use Strike
Eagle avionics in an F-22 engine/airframe. Think an F-22 that is a
Strike Eagle under the skin.