Old July 31st 14, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Kawa.....

On Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:57:14 PM UTC+2, wrote:
But, Poland is fairly nationalistic, and Poland does not have its own 18m glider yet.

- Actually both of these statements are incorrect. Aeroklub Polski owns a ASG-29,if not two. And Poland is less nationalistic than pretty much all neighboring EU countries, including Germany.

If you think "nationalistic" take a trip to France, but I think it's just a matter of spending tax money on the things that work in the interest of common folk/tax payer, as opposed to financing an overgrown military.

I think he's referring to 'own' in the sense of 'made locally', ala the Diana 2.
18m is already hotly contested with Wójcik and Staryszak, so why fight with your countrymen when you can win across all classes?