Old December 6th 15, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Per Carlin

Default M & D jet receives EASA Type Certificate

Excuse my memory - I am already in 2016 mode! Yes, the pilot in that case showed extraordinary skill in landing in what I would regard as unlandable terrain! I had always though the simplicity of the jet made them more reliable than conventional IC engines (at least the retractable ones used in gliders). Do we have actual data on reliability?

It's 50%! Either do they run, or not. Never put yourself in a situation where you can only be saved by the fire-up of a engine while you are out and gliding.