Old December 22nd 15, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default JWGC USA update

Exactly right. We must have 25 Delta pilots in our ranks. If its a value to BA, its probably of some value to Delta (or some of the others). And so on, and so on, and so on...

You miss 100% of the shots you do not try................

Sean

On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 10:34:27 AM UTC-5, GeneReinecke wrote:
On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 8:33:42 AM UTC-7, Craig Reinholt wrote:
Congratulations to all participants. I'm looking forward to your next JWGC in Lithuania.
Here are some thoughtful comments about the final day by Tom Arscott. Very insightful regarding tactics and risk.
https://www.facebook.com/britishglid...72053282851635

Just an excerpt from the young winner's thank yous:
Firstly, on behalf of the whole team, I need to thank our generous sponsors, without whom this would not have been possible. The British Gliding Association for all their support, including entering us in to the comp and transporting our gliders, British Airways for flying the whole team across the world, Land Rover for providing us with a Discovery for the comp, Apogee for lending and fitting us out a container to transport all of our equipment, and Sydney Charles, Lasham Gliding Society, Naviter and Navboys for supporting the team throughout the year.
Where are the US team sponsors? Jeep, Delta Air Lines, a US shipping company, etc. Hello? Is there any marketing benefit to these organizations to sponsor a US team in the future? Any marketing gurus out there that might want to tackle this? Or do we want soaring in the US to remain a middle aged (and up) guys' sport for those who can afford it?
Gene