Old June 4th 04, 06:32 PM
Garyurbach

Default Flight 77 question?

OK, trying a new heading, just in case:

I am debating online with somebody who claims the descending turn of the Boeing
757 over the DC mall was some aerobatic maneuver.

I am betting a 757 can do that without unduly stressing the plane, in emergency
conditions.

He turned 270 degrees in 2.5 minutes, and dropped quite a bit (don't know how
much).

While this might not be somethign you do with passengers, it is doable, right?

We did something LIKE this in Cessnas; the emergency descent 45 degree turn.
Not trying to say the two are equivalent, just using an example.

Is there anybody out there who can help me on this? Thanks.