Old June 21st 04, 07:57 PM
John Theune

wrote in :

It's 11:00am and I just got home from the event. From a college
student who has been to countless airshows, flown in a P-51 and a
B-25, seen Chuck Yeager break the sound barrier at Edwards, seen the
space shuttle land, and flown that wonderful first solo flight, I can
say that this was just about the greatest thing I've ever seen. This
event filled me with many emotions - one of the greatest of these is a
desire to push myself at school and truly earn my aerospace
engineering degree. When the crowd finally spotted the aircraft way
off southeast (almost directly into the sun....), and a bright new
contrail appeared in the sky, a cheer broke out that was simply
inspirational. More cheers broke out 3-4 minutes later when that
distinctive sonic boom rattled the desert and a craft appeared
directly above, slowly looping down to a warmly greeted landing.

Today was a day I'll never forget. Definitely a high point in my life.
I don't know how the pictures/video turned out, but if it's any good
and there's interest, I'll see what I can upload. But there is simply
no substitute for being there....

-Tony
Student Pilot

"Jack" wrote
White Knight/Space Ship One launched approx. 1347Z (on MSNBC, CNBC,
CNN,

FNN
in US).

Jack

I lived on the west coast back in the 80's and was able to go up to
Edwards to see the first shuttle landing there. It too was a
unforgetable experience and I just wish I had been able to make it out
for this one.