Old February 16th 17, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Giaco

Default Condor2 alpha/pre-beta announced

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 7:16:51 PM UTC-5, sisu1a wrote:
From Uros in my 2.0 thread on the Condor forum:

"Ok guys, here we go: entered alpha/pre-beta, many years work, almost there, we are very proud of it. Future assured for upgrades/planes."

http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewt...150275#p150269

http://forum.condorsoaring.com/downl...7353&mode=view

It's been in development nearly 10 years and will run DX11, which will enable much higher fidelity graphics than the old dx7 version that was limited to 1080p graphics. In addition to multi monitor/projector cockpits this opens the door to viable VR soaring trainers and home cockpits. Gen 1 VR commercial vr is already viable, and gen2 right around the corner will be even better.

It's pretty easy to match the kinematics and seating of a sailplane to create deep immersion/body transfer since cockpit experiences are already excellent for vr and the graceful/predictable/gentle movement of sailplanes will be a perfect fit.

Original Condor supports multiple peripherals including force feedback with accurate signals, and also outputs UDP data that can be translated to high fidelity motion platforms and external instruments for cockpits and user made maps and it's likely V2 will retain these cherished features. This is a glorious day for couch pilots and racers alike.

Before today, the running joke on their forum going back to 2007 was 'V2 would be released Christmas!'... followed by 'but we don't know what year'. That year is most likely 2017.

Why do I find myself checking the calendar over and over again to see if it is April 1?